Author: Patricia Alonso
FB: La Galeteria
Skill level: BEGINNERS
You will need:
- White SARACINO modelling sugar paste
- Black SARACINO modelling sugar paste
- Tiffany SARACINO modelling sugar paste
- Plastic knife Cerart
- Sharp cutting knife
- Paint brushes for painting, dusting and gluing
- Pink dust for brushing
- Black pen edible paint
- Small ball tool Cerart
- Big ball tool Cerart
- Small rolling pin
- Round cutters of different sizes
- Flower wires number 22
- Cocktail stick
- Black edible ink pen
Mix some white SARACINO modelling sugar paste and a bit of black SARACINO modelling sugar paste to have a light grey paste.
Make a ball and roll it into a sausage. Cut the tIps of them to have legs as long as you need.
Make two balls with some Tiffany SARACINO modelling sugar paste and, then, roll it into a pear shape for the ballet slippers.
Glue the ballet slippers in the tips of the sausage.
Roll some Tiffany SARACINO modelling sugar paste into a pear shape. Cut the base of the pear with a sharp cutting knife.
Stretch thin with the rolling pin some Tiffany SARACINO modelling sugar paste and cut 3 different size rounds.
On a foam, press each round on the edge with a big ball tool Cerart and let dry a few minutes before assembling.
Stretch thin with the rolling pin some Tiffany SARACINO modelling sugar paste and cut four narrow strips. Then, roll some light grey paste into a teardrop shape and press with a small ball tool Cerart to build the mouth.
Assembly the pieces with edible glue. To secure the head on the top of the body, insert a cocktail stick and push it down securing the head with a little edible glue.
1. Stretch thin with the rolling pin some light grey paste and cut two rounds of the same size for the ears.
2. With the same cutter, cut a small part of each ear to support it better on the head.
3. Use some light grey paste and roll it into a sausage with a pointed end and cut as long as you need.
4. Roll a bit of black SARACINO modelling sugar paste into an oval shape.
Assembly the pieces with edible glue.
Paint the eyes with a black edible ink pen.
Roll some light grey modelling paste into a sausage with a little ball in one of the tIps. Cut the other tIp and insert a wire inside of them. Press lightly the tip and cut a small triangle to form the thumb.
Brush the cheeks with pink dust.
AND…. YOUR BALLERINE RAT IS FINISHED!